« Merry Christmasbrendoman.com podcast: Farewell to Gringo, Part 1 »

Time Warner Cable SUCKS

I'm ready to scream right now. My cable has been out since Thursday night. First they told me it was cable box and the lady told me to bring it in on Saturday. The place was closed on Saturday. So I called to tell them that and also that it wasn't just my cable box but that all the cable was out in the house. They then told me they would send someone on Monday (today). So this morning I got a call saying my appointment window was from 9AM to 7PM. WTF??? So I called to see if I could get a more accurate time window. This time the lady asked me for my account number which I couldn't find and they had never asked for before. When I couldn't find my account number I asked why they were asking this since they usually just ask for my phone number and last four digits of my social. She said it was for security reasons. Security reasons since yesterday when I last called? She wasn't sure so I asked to speak to someone else. She then freaking disconnected me and I had to call again. So I finally talk to a sane person who knew what they were doing and said that they couldn't give me a more accurate time window but that someone would be there today and would call a half hour before. So I'm confined to my house instead of doing something fun like go to a movie or hang out with friends or what not. It gets to be 6 PM and no one has called. I call and see what the deal is and they tell me I was never on the schedule today and it was a misunderstanding. Now someone is coming on Wednesday and I'll probably have to take off work for a little bit since the window is once again 9 AM to 7 PM. This is seriously the worst customer service I have ever received. I have received incorrect information from at least three people. I still don't have cable. My Christmas Eve sucked ass. Thanks Time Warner.

posted by brendoman | 12/24/07| 06:42:13 pm| Rants and Raves|

Comment from: Pathetic [Visitor]

Boo-hoo, you couldnt watch tv for a couple of days. With all that’s going on in the world; homeless folks freezing to death on the streets, soldiers dying in the middle east, etc etc. I’d say you have it pretty good right now, you fat fuck.

12/25/07 @ 18:05
Comment from: brendoman [Member]   · http://brendoman.com

Wow. I honestly don’t give a shit about the cable. It’s the fact I had to sit around doing nothing on Christmas eve when I could have gone out and spent time with loved ones or anything for that matter. I’ll remember to never complain about anything ever on my personal blog. Thanks.

12/25/07 @ 20:13
Comment from: gringo [Visitor]

Hey “Pathetic,” your name is quite fitting.

Don’t come around here no more.

And please please, don’t even attempt lecturing us on poverty.

Seriously, you’re not even worth our time. You’re a retard and a douche bag.

12/26/07 @ 09:03
Comment from: gringo [Visitor]

And besides… if you don’t like the blog, *don’t comment*!

Nobody really cares what you think anyway. The way I reckon, probably very few people like you anyway.

I suggest banning that IP, but that’s just me.

12/26/07 @ 09:10
Comment from: brendoman [Member]   · http://brendoman.com

I’m not going to ban someone just for saying stupid crap like that. Besides, I’m pretty sure I know who it is and it doesn’t surprise me at all. I just wanted to let folks know who didn’t already how horrible Time Warner’s customer service was. Maybe I could have done so in a better way, I don’t know. But I was pissed off about it so I wrote about it on the blog. But if someone has to resort to a played out personal attack that only makes them look like an idiot, that’s fine by me.

12/26/07 @ 10:15
Comment from: dan [Member] · http://www.brendoman.com/

The IP address is in Vallejo, CA. That narrows it down some.

12/26/07 @ 11:35
Comment from: Tim [Visitor]

Ok, I know it’s just some idiot rambling, but the whole logic of his attack really pisses me off. Noone is going to argue that all those bad things are out there and happening, but does that mean we should stop our lives completely and all focus on fixing them? My god, now someone can’t rant on thier own blog without being a heartless bastard. Give me a fucking break.

12/26/07 @ 19:17
Comment from: joe shmo [Visitor]

i have time warner in manhattan. since ive had them, cinemax, hbo and showtime get horrible signals which make them impossible to watch. it freezes up the screen for seconds, or even minutes, sometimes it’s even completely dark. the other day they were supposed to come btwn 10 am and 2 pm, and i called at 2:30 to ask why no one showed up, the monkey said the appt was cancelled b/c a tech supposedly called at 10:30 and no one picked up. complete bs- any calls would be indicated by my call logs on my phones.

01/05/08 @ 00:46
Comment from: Tony [Visitor]

Time Warner Cable really does suck. How do they sell you boxes, software and TV programming that is not anything like what is advertisied?

HDMI Does not work, audio has no digital stream that works across all channels, colors bloom on some and off on others, programming stated as HD is just 480i upscaled, pixilation is way too much, reboots are way too often.

Why the FCC, New York State or The Public Service Comm are not doing something is amazing.

Who will help the millions of consumers being taken for a ride by Time Warner Cable?

Someone needs to step up and do the right thing.

01/19/08 @ 00:35
Comment from: anonymous [Visitor]

I just started working for TWC and it is pretty embarrassing how many calls we get like this. I get yelled at constantly by people. Don’t know how much longer I can stand.

02/21/08 @ 13:45
Comment from: Robbie Yohn [Visitor]

I worked (notice I said worked) for a company in Columbus Ohio called Infocision. It is a marketing company that does Telesales. We got the billing overflow from Time Warner. I am so fucking glad to have quit that job. I wouldn’t go back there ever again. I got people bitching left and right about the bills, the cable service, technicians not showing up,the whole nine yards.
I really totally empathsize with all of you who get time warner currently. My advice is change cable companies. Get out of Time Warner. I once had Road Runner through Time Warner. NEVER AGAIN.
It’s pretty pathetic the lies and propaganda TWC sends out to people.
Right now I am unemployed again. But job satisfaction to me is Very important. I would never go through that again. I would shine shoes for a living than do inbound customer service where 99% of the calls are complaints about everything. As for the person who works for TWC, quit your job. You DESERVE better. I figure the more people quit working for TWC and the more people quit getting TWC, it will put them out of business. Like most corporations, GREED and POWER are the reasons why they stay in business. Fuck the consumer but keep on getting mass profits.
Enough said.

03/08/08 @ 12:50
Comment from: brendoman [Member]   · http://brendoman.com

See that’s the rub, you can’t change cable companies. You can go dish, but it would cost more since I still want cable internet.

03/08/08 @ 13:25
Comment from: TJ [Visitor]

I live in Manhattan and have had TWC for serveral years without any problems. The phone and cable work great but the internet is so so since I’ve gone wireless. Their customer service use to be good. Their tech dept calls are routed to the Philippines. Very nice people, polite, and patienct but they don’t know what the F they are doing. RoadRunner also sends calls to Philippines. Earthlink doesn’t even have customer service at all, it’s done online by idiots. Any company that outsources jobs to other countries deserves to go out of business.

05/08/08 @ 09:04
Comment from: KC user [Visitor]

Why the hell do I have to give my frickin phone number 3 times in tehir fucking phone system. I hate time warner

06/28/08 @ 20:17
Comment from: peeps [Visitor]

You can’t change anything by complaining on a blog. Use the right tools to file your complaints, if you want to make a difference!

09/14/08 @ 12:04
Comment from: leaken [Visitor]

I’m just tired of being overchared by them. They will not take charges off after I have emails from the TWC reps saying they would take it off. My monthly bill is running 307.00 a month. I was told it would be under 150.00 month.

01/07/09 @ 10:31
Comment from: sdsds [Visitor]

FUCKING STUPID IDIOT… I WORK IN TWC AND IDIOTS LIKE YOU EVERYBODY LAUGHING LOL FUCK YOU!!

08/04/09 @ 21:45
Comment from: twcsuckscowdung [Visitor]

TWC SUCK. Blogmod, I had the same problem. We will switch to Verizon and/or Dish. Itg’s all aboyt quality and my $$$ will spend anywhere.

08/11/09 @ 14:09
Comment from: gt [Visitor]

TWC is the worst ever they rip you off and there boxes dont work.Start over lmao never works HD rofl its shit no hdmi support movies on demans??? never works or if it does it broken up so bad you cant watch the move they added a cancel movie button now lol must be tired of hearing complaints

10/20/09 @ 13:54
Comment from: Marcus Anthony [Visitor]

Well TWC has done it again. In the Dallas Fort Worth area they are trying to pull the plug on Fox programming. I aam a huge Dallas cowboys fan and now on Jan. 1 I will not be able to watch NFL on Fox. No other TV service is having this issue. I wish we could force TWC out of our area for another provider.

12/29/09 @ 16:59
Comment from: yanni [Visitor]

Time warner cable is a scam they try any way possible to rip you off. NEVER use any of there services, if you do you are in for headaches.

01/07/10 @ 11:28
Comment from: Fen [Visitor]

TWC SUCKS. They keep raising prices and put me in a 2 year contract that I CANT CHANGE… They can change when their lazy asses want too but I cant do crap about it.. I call but sit on hold for 2 hours. And their tech support have no support knowledge what so ever. I have clue what to do. When I got my box it was 10 years old and the remote did not work. Like the IDIOT that came out didnt notice that!!

01/09/10 @ 07:27
Comment from: localman [Visitor]

ive had twc for about a year now. the internet is weak and the sound on every channel cuts out all the freaking time…this blog started out so long ago and we still continue to search, read and comment. why hasnt anythng been done to improve this company or situation? this company is the dollar general bargain-brand of the digital cable and internet businesses. i smell conspiracy! maybe not. but they still suck ASS!

03/12/10 @ 11:05
Comment from: Col. Hogan [Visitor]

The TWC “Start Over” feature is a scam. What they DONT tell you is it is only good for 43 minutes. So if you start over a movie, you will only get the first 43 minutes of it. What good is that?!

I dont do much mind the fact that it is so limited, but it pisses my off that I then watch the beginning of the movie and it stops. WTF, why waste time starting over a show that you will be unable to finish?

To make matters worse there is NO indication of how much of the show they will save for you. It just stops “whenever".

Technology is only good if it works. They promote this service as if it is the greatest thing…but frankly, it sucks along with the rest of Time Warner Cable service. Dont even get me started on the crap cable box software. It sucks to!

06/23/10 @ 10:56
Comment from: Jay [Visitor]

I agree with what some people say, about companies who outsource jobs to other countries should go out of business. Time Warner is one of those companies who take jobs from good hard working Americans and then take them overseas to other countries like Phillipines, yeah they’re nice people but they can’t really speak english correctly and half of the time I can’t understand what they’re saying.

I take this as a slap on the face as an American because, we as Americans have been here since the beginning and we have made these corporations run one way or another, haven’t we? I think we can all agree on it.

If all Time Warner/Dish Network/Direc TV customer refused to pay their bill and canceled their service, imagine what a predicament this would be to the company, and when I say don’t pay your bill and cancel your service I mean every single customer the company has or at least most of the customers.

After that we could demand to have those jobs back in the States, guess what the company will do? bring back the jobs to go back on business. It sounds a little crazy but I think this would work, all we need is numbers of people to support us.

Have you asked your self why the economy is bad? have you thought that a big part of why the economy is bad is due to those greedy corporations in the U.S that outsource jobs to other countries like Philipines and India just to save a quick buck? I have, and as an American you should think about it too.

This is like a cancer that will indeed kill us all, it will kill our people, it will kill our Country. We must do something before it is too late to get back at those greedy corporations.

You can reach me by e-mail. I will be setting up a blog maybe in about 2 months or so… It is time to take our hill back… Don’t you think so?

07/31/10 @ 10:14
Comment from: Julian aka I hate TWC [Visitor]

I hate TWC so much unfortionatly I am stuck with a two year contract. I hate that only one service out of the three works and it’s the cable. Funny thing is that the cable sometimes does not work. My internet does not work until the night and it randomly drops in the morning. I think Time Warner Cables new motto should be we steal your money and act like we know what we are doing when it comes down to good service. I saw a billboard for Time Warner Cable and I wouldn’t even advise the devil himself to sign-up with them. The technicans come out to my house so much that I know one of them on a first name basis. All I got to say is I will never support Time Warner Cable. Every chance I get I will insult their service.

09/01/10 @ 18:35
Comment from: Art [Visitor]

Check this out, lol. I live in clifton park, ny. Internet is roadrunner boosted/turbo, right? from the morning to noon i get 20mbps down, 1up, a ping of 50 (which is high for that download speed, but bearable for online gaming) around 2pm to 3am, it goes down to 5mbps down .5 up. Can’t even watch youtube videos. I can even watch the videso on a messaging phone (not a smart phone) better than my computer (which is a gaming machine, duo core, etc). through 7 phone calls in 3 weeks, 3 technicians (one actually visited, the other told me this on the phone) that it’s pretty much my fault. lol. They said no one else has complained in the area about the speed. I looked it up, spoke to neighbors. No one bothers going online those times because it’s so bad here. They said they’d let us pay half of the price indefinitely until it stops if we can prove it’s their lines. So I guess I’ll sign up to ITT Tech? Get my degree and play with the lines? WTF kind of response is that? I told them if they ever show up here to fix something and don’t, expect bad things to happen.

I’m with all of you. I’m going to work on a facebook page against Time Warner’s horrible services if there isn’t one already. I suggest you guys at least join up. Facebook is the only thing companies pay attention to now as fall as groups. Might help a little. VERIZON FIOS is insanely fast, just as fast as road runner wideband. It’s a 140 a month (time warner claims) but I’m sure there are different deals. If it’s available I’d look into it.

As far as the people that work for Time Warner, I have no hate for you guys in the call centers. You’re just doing your job, and keep it, because this economy is in the shitter, and at least time warner does pay reasonably (it’s about the only thing they do right).

Oh yeah, back to the lines being the fault. Howcome my cable goes out constantly and reboots/crashes the box during those times too? Yeah, thought so. Maybe I should stop using faulty products because it’s my fault I gave them money in the first place.

Here’s to hoping TW does something right, like firing everyone in charge of monopolizing and taking our money without supplying us the service they promise, and stepping up.

No wonder no one stays working there. I’ve seen more competence from the re re’s serving me my bigmac meal at the drive thru.

09/22/10 @ 10:38
Comment from: Cable Crusade [Visitor] · http://www.TimeWarnerCableSucks.com

Hey guys, I hate Time Warner, too. It took 2 techs and over 6 hours of phone time scheduling appointments to get my cable installed. They straight up lied to me about the package I was signed up for and charged me for things that were supposed to be free and then couldn’t offer me the original package that I had signed up for when I called to complain, but offered me half of the original instead. What a SCAM!!?! Don’t even get me started on the demeanor of some of the customer service people that I spoke to either- one actually started an argument with me. Almost all of the rest were incompetent and the supervisor I spoke to was the worst of all- more polite than the sales people, but just as useless to speak with.

I made a facebook page because Time Warner Sucks so much. I’m fed up with paying $100 a month and getting poor service and poor product- search ‘Time Warner Cable Sucks’ and LIKE it.

09/29/10 @ 17:24
Comment from: Sarah [Visitor]

I would not have went through all that! I know as an employee with DISH we do everything we can for our customers. We have 24/7 tech support that do all the troubleshooting over the phone before we send a tech out. If you do need a new box we will simply send you out a new one. If you do need a tech out we send one out as soon as possible and what time is best for you. If it is the box when the tech is out the are prepared with new boxes if they so happen to not they give our tech support a call and send get one sent out for you. DISH will never put you through so much trouble.

01/22/11 @ 13:02
Comment from: God [Visitor]

Agree Time Warner has some of the worst customer service in the biz and regularly engage in unscrupulous sales and billing practices. Just cancel and saves yourself the aggrevation. Further, to all the A-holes who attack other people’s opinions: justice is coming for ya……isn’t it ghringo, your a dooooosh!!!!

10/14/12 @ 14:32