« Dude....Day One »

What I Learned Today

Three things not to talk about in China:

1. The Chinese Embassy bombing
  2. Tiananmen Square
  3. Taiwan
posted by brendoman | 08/09/04| 10:24:17 pm| Random|

Comment from: Jake of 8bitjoystick.com [Visitor] · http://www.8bitjoystick.com/

Oh yeah. Why don’t you mention.

1. State sponsored Abortions due to One Child Policy
2. China finaces our National Debt thanks to Bush’s Tax cuts.
3. Re-education camps

08/09/04 @ 23:13
Comment from: Roland [Visitor]

Thanks to an overspending Congress, not the tax cuts. The Congress controls government spending, not the Executive branch. Tax cuts don’t cost anything, overspending does. Tax cuts GENERATE revenue by stimulating the economy, and in Bush’s case, it worked. The Clinton recession ended quickly and we’re enjoying a record setting economic comeback.

/haven’t ranted about that in a long time.

08/10/04 @ 00:16
Comment from: Roland [Visitor]

Hey Bren, that reminds me. When Becky’s friend went to China to do what you’re doing, he sent us specific instructions on what to say and what not to say in correspondance. Is there anything we need to know about posting comments in your blog?

08/10/04 @ 00:17
Comment from: Honzo [Visitor] · http://honzo.brendoman.com

Yea, that is my biggest fear, getting your behind put in China Jail because of something we talk about here.

08/10/04 @ 08:44
Comment from: brendoman [Visitor] · http://brendoman.stumbleupon.com

From what I’ve gathered from the people here, we are cool for the most part. Just a couple of things though:

1) Stay away from conversations about the Chinese government, especially critcisms.

2) The biggest thing to remember is that I am NOT a missionary . Usage of that word could lead to problems. Also, when you are e-mailing me or talking about what I’m doing in China, avoid using Christianese terms.

That’s about it. We can discuss whatever we want to on our private forum though. If you don’t have access to our super secret forum and want it, let me know.

08/10/04 @ 15:07