« Pumpkin Patch KidHomecoming »

Comment from: A. Christian [Visitor]
A. Christian

Jesus is the Son of God, and those who do not believe or do not accept that He died for our sins will die an eternal death. many do not care, thinking that pain can be put up with, but I am telling you now that He has given everyone plenty of opportunities to accept. Painful, burning, agonized eternal death is not the way to spend eternity. So let me ask you this, and THINK on this, ‘Whomever wrote the Bible, why would they tell us to not steal, not cheat on our spouses, not kill, not lie, and then LIE about the whole thing? ‘ It makes no sense to create a lie with truth. Besides, the Old testament mentions Christ throughout it. Sometimes we have to just believe.

10/04/08 @ 13:53
Comment from: Katie [Visitor]
Katie

Thanks Peter for putting in the time and effort to go through each of those points. Well put. Especially pointing out the inclusion of creeds in Paul’s letters. Obviously there is no proof, as we weren’t there, but you make some very good points.

On the above comment, unfortunately about every religion teaches that lying, killing, adultery and stealing are wrong, and then go on to write or spread a lie. Which is why the character of Jesus and the veracity of the Bible matters so much.

10/06/08 @ 12:22
Comment from: peter [Member]
Peter

A. Christian:

I am not sure if you are asking me all of those questions, but I think you may have commented after reading the title of the post only. Also, it’s “whoever.”

But you bring up a good, though controversial point: Can the truth of secondary teachings point to the truth of primary teachings? On Danny’s blog, Tim argued yes. Katie here argues not necessarily. I am hoping to get to that soon.

You say, “It makes no sense to create a lie with truth,” but doesn’t the Bible show that just the opposite is true in Jesus’ temptation? Perhaps it makes a lot of sense.

-p

10/07/08 @ 22:24
Comment from: skinny [Visitor]
skinny

Did paul actual coin the title Christ. prior to Paul’s writing the only reference I can find is Jesus of Nazareth

06/10/09 @ 08:41
Comment from: Yikes [Visitor]
Yikes

So-called Chrisitians must love the Inquisition and yet think their counterparts, the Muslims, are the only wicked and cruel religion. Geography indicates bout 90% of all peoples religion.Preachers have made it like a virus…maybe in a manner it is. What the world needs now is a 16 hour a day lesson in evolution and the origin of species. A huge amount of cosmology and chemistry will help too. Oh no, that is too tough. Yes, so whimper and pray while here in the real world we are in danger of being bombed to bits by feuding religious factions.
Get Some learning or forget the future.

08/19/09 @ 10:59
Comment from: Jesse [Visitor]
Jesse

I asked a black woman why is jesus and the intire heavenly family white, she told me that I was going to hell for thinking such thoughts.If you as a black person, believe that your reward
or social politicl,& economic condition will only change after death, and white people who claim to be gods choosen,worry about the welfare of thier children and grandchildren,don’t you think something’s funny about that

12/19/09 @ 22:27
Comment from: Arnold [Visitor]
Arnold

Bishop Spong argues that the gospel narratives are examples of midrash – retellings of stories from the Torah in another setting with the names altered to comment on a present-day issue. Based on what I’ve read about the number of prominent Yeshuas in the 2 centuries surrounding the time that J. of Nazareth is thought to have lived, it seems reasonable to me to speculate that the story of his life began as a midrash on Joshua, Moses’ protegee, who completed Moses’ work of leading the Hebrews from slavery to the Promised Land. J of N may have been created as an apocalyptic figure to encourage 1st Century CE Jews to expect to be liberated from Roman domination and Hellenistic corruption. In time the narrative was Hellenized and taken over by the Roman Church and liberated from its Jewish apocalyptic roots.
I’m no scholar, but it seems plausible.

01/18/10 @ 21:07
Comment from: Jesse [Visitor]
Jesse

Why are people who call themselves christians, so worried about someone else going to heaven or hell, when the european go and take the land and resources from a native people, are they concerned about a god, HELL NO, what do is get the people to worship the christ, a white image, and tell the people that if you don’t believe YOU ARE GOING TO HELL, when all that image has done is made life good for the european on earth, while people wait on death to live in peace. Everywhere there is light these people go and put it out in the name of jesus

01/20/10 @ 11:03
Comment from: jo [Visitor]
jo

I believe Paul has invented the whole story of JC. There were small jewish communities who believed in an apolyptical Jesus where he as an jewish intellectual with Roman citizen rights had authority and stood in high esteem. Paul saw himself not only as a prophet of the jewish “messiah” but he indulged being seen as a messenger of the Son of God. Everywhere he was venerated and beloved, nobody dared to attack him because of his Roman citizenship. I never believed his “prison” stories nor that he persecuted christian jews.

03/06/10 @ 11:38
Comment from: Denise [Visitor]
Denise

You really make it seem so easy with your presentation but I find this topic to be really something which I think I would never understand. It seems too complicated and very broad for me. I am looking forward for your next post, I will try to get the hang of it!

03/08/10 @ 04:44
Comment from: Angela [Visitor]
Angela

Thanks for posting this discussion, I truly wish that more people can become more aware of the mind control spell that the majority of the population has fallen under. It does not matter what religion you believe in, you will eventually become a target for mind manipulation.

07/30/10 @ 11:26
Comment from: Abdulai [Visitor]
Abdulai

Jesus is Allah’s prophet and came only to the lost sheet of Isreal = fact

Read the bible with sincerity and stop thinking your own way.

He said there is only one God and you are saying there are 3 in 1.

Get it wright. Read the whole bible, you will see alot.cautater give

04/18/11 @ 07:15
Comment from: Drew [Visitor]
Drew

I believe it was Dan Quail who invented Jesus. Either him or that creepy guy in Italy who wears a dress and a funny hat.

06/20/11 @ 17:47
Comment from: Will [Visitor]
Will

I’m going to throw some questions out there for many of you to think about. How is it that there are no eye-witnesses of Jesus during his lifetime? All the gospels were written over 70 years after he supposedly was crucified. None of the authors of the gospels were alive during Jesus’s supposed lifetime. So how is it that someone who was supposedly so highly regarded and followed didn’t have a single thing written about him during his lifetime? Not one thing! The first mentions of Jesus Christ did not appear until decades after his death. Isn’t it quite possible the first leaders of the Christian church made him up?
I really wish people would stop acting like they know Jesus is real and religion is real. There is no proof. There really is no historical proof. The only thing we have are collections of stories hundreds of years old that people have written. SO, stop telling people they will burn in hell for not believing. How do you know Hell even exists? Have you seen it? Do you know someone who’s been there? I really don’t understand why anyone would put faith into something that they or anyone for that matter has ever seen proof of.
Oh and just because geography is accurate in holy scriptures is not proof that Jesus is real or that these religious stories took place. Many Greek mythology writings also use accurate geography but I bet most people don’t believe that the various Greek Gods actually exist. How are they any different from a man named Jesus who nobody mentions while he supposedly was alive? Please ask yourself these questions. I invite anyone to have a debate with me about these issues. I will explain how your arguments are weak.

06/30/11 @ 10:53
Comment from: 21st century observer [Visitor]
21st century observer

Paul’s claims fit the definition of special revelation. The term is strictly valid when it refers to the first communication. After that it is an account of a revelation. After generations is is worst than hearsay. It is myth - stories for children. Nobody is obliged to believe it. When important events occur, such as an eclipse or a supernova it is reported simultaneously through all the media, TV, internet, newapapers, magazines, journals etc.
Why would an all powerful being, who is beyond time and space reveal important information to individuals, whether Paul, Abraham or Moses to be later relayed verbally, and later still, written down in non-universal, mutable human language subject to errors in translation, willful alteration, or abridgement? And at a time before TV, internet or even radio? THINK!

12/07/11 @ 17:36
Comment from: L [Visitor]
L

God gave us free will and a brain.. a brain for higher thinking…and as human beings we are not perfect and due to the way our brains function..we do things and certain outcomes come from that.. therefor sin does not exist.

Why would God punish us for making a mistake? Our brain and thoughts are the reason we do anything we do.. and God gave us that ability.

Yes, some things people do are not beneficial to us or others and are called MISTAKES, BAD JUDGEMENT and BAD DECISIONS. Some that cause hurt and pain. But some people are mentally ill, unintelligent, lack empathy, and are selfish and that causes them to hurt people.
Im not saying that doing “bad” things to people is okay.. its not.
People should treat each other the way in which they would like to be treated.. but God knows its not always possible… we have needs, urges and instincts that God gave us and some people are not capable of controlling that, unfortunately.

But an intelligent God knows that we are not all perfect and wont punish us in hell for eternity for doing what comes naturally to us, whether its good or bad.

THINK ABOUT IT!!

12/25/11 @ 10:23
Comment from: Rebecca [Visitor]
Rebecca

I love this post from L (Visitor)…..I wish more people used their brains and not their fears and biases that we have to believe in one dogma (Christianity or otherwise) to “believe” in God……thank you for some thought……Like you said…..if there is a God, she/he/it gave us a brain!

01/30/12 @ 07:12
Comment from: kevin [Visitor]
kevin

There was no resurection people!
There was no parting of the sea or men living up to 400 yrs old.
There was no immaculate conception, if there was a birth it was due to two people screwing each other, i mean seriously get a grip on reality.
Christianity became more known under the tyrant constantine who under a dream changed the course of history. The cross is not the sign of christianity t was the fish. We pray to air people, we believe in something that mad men(especially white men) men up tons upon tons of years ago.
There was no talking serpent in the garden of eden.
In roman times theives , murders etc were all crucified the same way as this imaginary friend you worship. Look its simple, just do what feels right and live a just life. That’s all we can do in our short time on this planet, hope i didn’t offend anyone.

04/09/12 @ 20:02
Comment from: ramboorainboo [Visitor]
ramboorainboo

**** Who created Jesus Christ?

____ Obvious answer habitus God the Father by the Holy Spirit

“And the angel answered:« The Holy Spirit will come upon you and the power of the Most High will overshadow you “Luke 35:1

“Vstld a son, and shall call his name Jesus”

“And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us” (John 14:1)

——— The question now

**** How to Christ to be the creature of God the Creator?

**** Is God a creature or Creator?

—— God the Creator can not be a creature and guide of the Bible texts

“In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth” (Genesis 1/1)

“You, O Lord, in the beginning founded the earth and the heavens are the work of your hands.” (Hebrews (1/1-14)

“All ăÇÔÇÁ Lord Made in the heavens and in the earth and in the seas and in all depths” (Psalm 135/6)

—– Obvious answer that Jesus Christ and the Father are one

“I and the Father are one” John 30

“Whoever has seen the Father” (Jn 14: 9)

“Believe me I am in the Father and the Father is in me, and but Vsedkona reason business itself” (Jn 14: 11)

—— If the Jesus Christ is the Father and the one which is in the Father faithful a Father

**** Are you creating the Father himself or sent his only Son ransom for humans?

—— God can not be materialized, but sent his only Son

“Most High does not dwell in temples manufactures hands” (Acts 48/7)

“Is God really dwell on earth? Behold, the heavens and the heaven of heavens not Tsek, how much less this house, which was built” (Kings (1) 27/8)

Because God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son. 3 Number 16

**** How he and the Father are one and the Father is a creature Amsmua not a perspective was not created by one?

“God never seen one up” (1 John)

“Father who sent me is witnessing me never hear his voice nor of Abesrtm whole” (John 5/37)

“No one has seen that people, and is not able to see who has the honor and power everlasting” (Timothy (1) 16/6)

—— Jesus Christ creature audible and perspective, which created the Father

“Look at my hands and my feet, I am he, for, hath a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see me. And when he had said this, he showed them his hands and his feet” (Luke 24/37-41).

“How justified man with God, and how Azkoa born women. Behold the same moon does not shine and the planets is pure in his eyes. How much more human Rumah son of Adam worm” (Job 25/4)

“Because the Son of Man did not come to destroy the souls of people, but to save” (Luke chapter IX number 56)

“Come, see a man who told me everything I did. Could this be the Christ” (29)

——– The question now

**** How human creature to be the Creator God?

——— Bible texts confirm that the human creature can not be the Creator God

——— Because God is spirit

“God is a spirit., And those who worship him in spirit and in truth should worship” (John 4/24)

“Spirit is the one who greets the flesh profiteth nothing to speak you اكلمكم is spirit and life” (63/6)

——- God can not be a man, nor the Son of Man

“God is not a man should lie.’m Not man Vindem. Did you say and do? Or speak and does not meet?” (23/19)

“I do not lie nor repent because he is not a man to regret” (1 Samuel 15/29)

—– Jesus Christ man, I’m a man of flesh and blood

“Woe is me, I am doomed because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips” (Isaiah 6/5)

**** Why deny Christ followers claim worship him without God?

22 Many will say to me in that day: Lord, Lord, not in your name we predicted and your name out devils and in thy name done many?
: 23, then put it to them: I never knew! Depart from me, you evildoers!

“The void worship me and they know the teachings of the commandments of men” (15/9) “who exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed” (25)

09/09/12 @ 22:53
Comment from: ramboorainboo [Visitor]
ramboorainboo

Is Jesus Christ is God or equal to God
There are two theories to prove the Trinity nullify each other and third to them and challenge the world to prove the validity of the theory of the Trinity and stress Atalanha Gospel itself: - the first theory:
Theology of God’s full component of three persons is hypostasis Father and hypostasis Son and Holy Spirit can not hypostasis one unit to be the theology of God’s full and this three Persons differentiate among any differ among themselves and were involved in substance can not hypostasis only one to be the essence of God’s full including the:
God = Father + Son + Holy Spirit
And Van
God hypostasis Father northeastern unit
God hypostasis northeastern Jr. Unit
God Holy Spirit northeastern unit
And Van
God is greater than hypostasis Father
God is greater than hypostasis Jr.
God is greater than Holy Spirit
Any that God is greater than three hypostasis and Aisawih any hypostasis
And then God be greater than the second person not equal to the ear can not be the second person of the Son is God or equal
It is this theory as well, including the three Persons of unequal and differentiate among them permission
Hypostasis Father hypostasis northeastern Son because the Son of the Father and the Father is not something
Hypostasis Father Holy Spirit northeastern because the Holy Spirit and the Father and the Father is not something
Hypostasis Son does not equal to the Holy Spirit, because both of the Father and the Father is not something
It is this theory to make sure that God is greater than any hypostasis not worth it
And that the three Persons of distinct and differ among themselves and can not be any hypostasis that is equal to the other person of
The second theory says:
That God is Father fully God and God the Son is fully God and Spirit, and the Holy Spirit is God the God of the entire
And Van
God = Father = Son = Holy Spirit
And Van
Father = Son = Holy Spirit
In other words, the three Persons of equal or different and distinct among themselves, a sharp contrast to the theory first and Tahedmha This theory also demolishes the Trinity as it does differences or differentiation between Persons making it one hypostasis and this contradicts and undermines the theory of the Trinity, which says that the essence of God’s full component of three persons not hypostasis can one have a full essence God
Valenzeratan completely contradictory and not the logic of each of them completely destroy other evidence
The first theory says that God does not equal the first person of the second person in the northeastern equal to the third Person Unit
The second theory says that God equal to the first person of equal second person is equal to the third person of both destroys Trinity affirms that God is greater than any hypostasis not equal to three

09/09/12 @ 23:13
Comment from: ramboorainboo [Visitor]
ramboorainboo

Jesus Christ’s death on the cross invalidate the divinity of Christ
(Jesus said crying with a loud voice: “Father, into your hands I commit my spirit!” Having said this, the safest Spirit)
This text undermines the divinity of Christ and asserts that Jesus can not be the God or equal to God and confirms that they two and can not be one where that Cefathma differ completely from each other Vcolh (he said this and gave up the ghost) and intended the death of Jesus Christ on the cross and by texts Bible, God is alive to Emmott, including “I swear neighborhood forever” (Revelation 6/10), including “who alone has not death dwelling in light unapproachable, which has not been seen one of the people is not able to see him, who has the honor and power everlasting. Amen “(1 Tim 6/16-7) qualities contradictory completely recipe eternal life God recipe death of Jesus rights and which is confirmed by the Bible texts that God is the one who lived and performed in Jesus from the dead was not for Jesus’s ability to do by himself from the dead, including” Jesus this God raised up and we all witnesses to Zlkt (Acts 3/15) and “that God raised up less the pains of death because it was not possible to catch him” (Acts 2/32)
What a difference between the body of Jesus dead on the cross and the living God, who Emmott
There is a difference between the dead and the living, who set up and revived from the dead
This text undermines the divinity of Christ and confirms that God’s attributes her perfect and that God is alive and Emmott either human Jesus died and was thrown tomb There is a difference between the living and the dead

09/09/12 @ 23:28
Comment from: ramboorainboo [Visitor]
ramboorainboo

Torpedo divinity of Jesus Christ and the theory of the Holy Trinity text and one of the Bible is (and who sees me sees him who sent me) John 46 the author of this text is John in his Gospel known Revelation and this Gospel is just seeing pipe dreams of John did not issue the letter and one Menna for Christ and here confirms John saidJesus Christ is the Father perspective and audible and examples (of Rani has seen the Father) Anaqdh completely biblical texts and Revelation also, which confirms that the Father who sent Jesus Christ did not materialize and can not be the one to hear his voice or see never “the Father who sent me is witnessing menever hear his voice nor of Abesrtm whole “(John 5/37)
The question now for the Christian brothers and according to the texts of the Bible and, according to the book of Revelation
Is Father audible and perspective?
Makant YES perspective
This confirms the invalidity and contradicts biblical texts which confirms that Father inaudible or perspective as well as
And if the answer is not the perspective
This confirms that the father did not materialize and inaudible or perspective emphasizes torpedo apparent divinity of Christ in the flesh
So what is the answer The question still stands? Father perspective or the perspective

09/09/12 @ 23:49
Comment from: ramboorainboo [Visitor]
ramboorainboo

One text from the Bible undermines the divinity of Jesus Christ
“God never seen one up” (1 John)
Who is the God who had never seen one up, according to this text from the Bible and the Book of Revelation
If I said that the intention was to Jesus Christ, how permission had never seen one up and Jesus Christ is incarnate in human form and audible perspective
If I intended to God full of divinity incarnate Christ is not permission incomplete theology and is not God he is just a man
Add to that word (never seen one up) word never benefit totalitarian peremptory and not to God to accept the vision nor after the Incarnation
It is God who had never seen one up, according to this text?

09/10/12 @ 01:26
Comment from: ad [Visitor]
ad

the name of god is a allah and allah has created jesus for a perpus even ge created muhammed thats all jesus is not the son of god the person who said this he is a lier how u guys think that jesus son of god so if jesus son of god so god had sex with marry man these all r u nothing people please come out and watch the world what is going

10/01/12 @ 12:37
Comment from: Art [Visitor]
Art

How did Paul invent a religion he was sent to squash? How did he seek out other Christians for aid if there were no other Christians prior to him inventing a religion? Did he go back in time to stop himself? Your suggestions that Paul invented Jesus make no sense.

12/21/12 @ 14:22